Family members can be involved in many ways...
A number of exciting RI programs are open to either spouses or children of Rotarians, including Youth Exchange, Rotary Recreation and Vocational Fellowships, Rotary Friendship Exchange, and Pre- and Post- Convention Homestay. However, family members are ineligible to participate in some programs, for example, Foundation scholarships.
Here are some suggestions for including your family members in the world of Rotary:
- Introduce family members to Rotarians as you meet them in any circumstance.
- Invite family members to a Rotary club meeting.
- Tell your family about various projects and activities of your club.
- Invite to your home or to a social activity Rotary Youth Exchange students or Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars sponsored or hosted by your club or district.
- Include your family members in all appropriate activities, such as social events and various service activities.
- Encourage your spouse — and children, when permitted and appropriate — to attend the district conferences, and the Rotary International Convention.